Welcome to the Blog of your trusted cultural and tourism ambassador!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Priceless Experience from Abang None

Hello dear readers..
At this time, I feel very grateful that I have a chance to write this little story of my trip. Me and Jakarta City Government went to London, Moscow and St Petersburg for a culture and tourism mission. We started the trip from November 7th, and safely back home on November 23.. Yes it was quite a long journey, spent almost 3 weeks in cold countries, but the memories are as warm as the sun in Jakarta.. In this article, I re-write my whole diary while I was travelling along the trip..

Saturday, November 7th 2009 (in Etihad Airplane flying from Jakarta to Abu Dhabi)
I've been dreaming to go to London since April 2009.. That was my biggest dream at that time, until I finally made my UK visa myself in June. I planned to have an internship for 3 months, been accepted as one of the internee in Imagine Creativity, small company in Northern London.. Time passed by, despite going just by myself, here I am now.. Going to London on a tourism and culture mission. Ah..... What was I dreaming?

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined"

Sunday November 8th 2009 (in Etihad Airplane flying from Abu Dhabi to London)
01:00 am airtime now.. I'm sitting at 35.000 feet of height. London is only 6 hours ahead, feeling curious, excited and a little nervous.. Can't wait to see the surprises ahead!

Tuesday November 10th 2009
It's been 3 days here and really feel tired from the long walk yesterday.. Yesterday was my first day of duty. The event is World Travel Mart, it happens every year as the biggest travel exhibition in the world.. I worked with Miss Tourism Indonesia, Icut, who was very sweet and humble. Indonesia has its own unique booth and made 265 billion Rupiah of transaction. I feel glad that I was part of it..

Thursday November 12 2009
21:42pm, today was actually great.. After giving some presentations about Jakarta, we finished the exhibition at 3pm then went around the city.. Tonite have to sleep early because tomorrow we will have to leave for Moscow at 4:30am! My fried said it's -7 degrees there.. I can't imagine how cold it will be, wish us luck! :)

Friday November 13th 2009 11:12 London time..
Good bye London.. Hello Moscow..
There's always white and black.. Left and right.. Hello and goodbye.. Now, it's time to say goodbye for London.. It was an-unbelievable-6 days spent there.. Get to know how big London is.. How people live their life in a such a popular city.. How expensive the Poundsterling is.. How to hop on and off between one and another tube.. Use the Oyster Card to use the Underground.. Get inside London Eye to see London around.. Seeing Buckingham Palace from a close distance, not just from the movie! Hear the Big Ben rang.. Talk to people with the sexy English accent.. Promoting Jakarta and Indonesia to the world! Now I'm sitting at Airberlin Airplane, flying to Moscow after a quick transit at Dusseldorf, Germany.. Was quite happy, I got a German stamp on my visa!

Monday November 16th 2009
01:42am.. We're just arrived at hotel from a long working day! So.. The fashion show by Allure and Ramli was really great, as well with the art performances, surrounded by 6 gorgeous and too beautiful to be true Russian models.. At the Gala Dinner, I had to lead the event by being the MC, as well giving people information about Jakarta.. After that, we went to Arbat and Hardrock Cafe Moscow..

All of us have the same chance to experience it.. Now it depends, whether we really want it or not? Join Abang None Jakarta Utara now! :-)
(more complete story and pictures from None Wimmy www.happywimmy.com)


Yours sincerely,
Abang & None Jakarta Utara

2 comments:

  1. Jakut 2010 smoga menjadi yg terbaik di tingkat Propinsi ! Hopefully success !

    ReplyDelete